- Wind energy is clean, sustainable source of energy
- Wind energy drives down the cost of electricity
- At any one time, the grid can operate at 85% renewable energy
- In February 2022, 53% of the electricity consumed came from renewable sources
- The renewable energy projects are there to deliver 80% renewable energy usage by 2030
- A WEI/Baringa report showed that 4.1GW of wind energy was installed in Ireland over 20 years, at a cost of €1 per person per year.
- Wind energy saved 4 million tonnes of CO2 in 2020, more than every other form of renewable energy in Ireland combined.
- Wind energy provided 41% of Ireland’s electricity in January 2023 – a record high for the month of January.